Orienteering Club Committee Meeting 12.3.07
Present: Peter Knott, Alex Finch, Sarah Watkins, Rowena Browne, Martyn Roome,
Steve McLean, Quentin Harding, Karen Nash, Katrin Harding
- Apologies Dick Collins and Dave Hargreaves
- QH our service provider wont manage the hoped for email system
yet. Leave it for DK successor to do.
- Not sure if we have any volunteers yet? Action KN ask DK
- Job Specs- some done Action
others please to do and send to KN
- Newsletter- Action KN Ta
from committee to all who helped at Whitbarrow and KH to persuade lots of Juniors to write bits from various events so there is
plenty for them to read.
- Trimtex- agreed we should hold a stock of these Action MR and Sue to do it
- Link to ukresults.net Action
KN to ask DK/CR if it can be done
- Banner ordered Action KH
put picture of it in newsletter
- NW web update OK now R Tiley has taken it on
- Handbook Draft making good progress -3 sections. Section 1 info
local to area / event- names, phone etc Section 2 check list of actions
for Planner and organizers and Controllers with time scales. Idea for this
to be on spreadsheet so relevant bits can be printed and ordered by date
etc Section 3 is for reference to help with the actions and contacts of
who might be able to give advice. Would be lent out or emailed as needed.
Passed round for discussion pricing of events, half price for helpers.
MR suggested possible workshop for planners and organizers in spring could
try to use it. Action QH to
continue and QH/DH collect info on past events into files for section 1.
Objectives. Progressing slowly eg banner.
We need to increase the number of organizers and planners and give novice
ones mentors Action RB allocate
possible mentors when she persuades an organizer or planner.
- Tockholes training used permanent course, new recruit William
- Score O in Stanley Park- concern that everyone got all the controls so although it was safe
it was too small an area. Part of problem that almost all were good
orienteers from club (not schools and public) so it did not really
challenge them. Date change meant that publicity efforts were wasted and
no novices arrived.
- Hoodies several requests, could be for
adults too. MR grant for junior development could be possible. SW
suggested real night O head torches to loan out.
- KH juniors would like a night away- social, perhaps we could
combine it with the picnic? Or have coaching in day and parents do the
night bit. Suggestions of Downham barn etc.
- Bob Nash will do colour and Badge awards pro-actively from now.
Letter to child when achieved. Certificates only presented at handicap,
picnic etc so encouraged to come to events.
- O Zones Preston Park Rangers been on L1 course and L2 coming up.
They are keen to do it with Community Sports coaches and a family festival
on Moor park 28 April. We sould have a presence
with banner etc. Steve asked about Bob overseeing? They are also keen to
set up POCs. Secondary schools could run also perhaps 30 mins later. Action Steve to liaise. Lancaster SMc to organize publicity, liaise with schools and QH to
actually do the events.
- Malcolm C updated Knotts Wood,although some may be felled
- Stillwaiting for pg plot on Farleton
- Nothing yet on list of very local areas
- Possible new are n of Dunsop Bridge Action JC to look and
confirm with AF
- Longridge Fell Action
KN/MR ask Mike O re progress. Also if Stoneyhurst
is worth it.
- Ribby Hall Action
PK try again/
liaise with AF
- Need to check FC plans for Barrowfield and Broughton Forest and
find out how good they still are/ tree damage Action DH and AF to ask Jim L
- Treasurer nothing pressing in his absence.
- Secretary- Need info re POCs for BOF Action
SMc to check on Worden Park latest map, corrections and point of sale of maps, let KN know
- Club Captain-
- meal this Fri 32
- JK relays 11 teams Action SW
to email this info out to runners
- CSC very small team disappointing Action SW email out info, also so can share transport
- BOC not yet
- Tent needed for JK and BOC Action
SW to organize this, not her to take necessarily
- Grant application done publicity, Si, maps, asked for 80% cost
#8500 should hear in 6-8 weeks
- Fixtures see sheet
- Whitbarrow was great-
lots on Nopesport more positive comments after than before, concern over
rather short courses and fast winning times, and # parking or buses.
- S Ground all in hand.
- Summer MR coordinate, all in place Y,O tech and on B Fell on the
Sun more courses
- Autumn schools could use the sat series if LSOA stops Action RB
find coordinator, planner, organizer- could be one person and no
controller likely to be Y,O,tech.
- Helsington no organizer yet
- TWT fixtures sub committee had met- largely go along with TWT
team proposals of Spring 2008 and 18 monthly.
Simplify perhaps 3 courses with different start times for ages classes. Whitbarrow likely to be first. Try encourage other planners and organizers to get
involved, perhaps along side one of existing team first. No response yet
but they have been busy with National event. Action MR email P Gwillam re TWT and Long O Champs
- QH suggested we use Whitbarrow more now we have the map eg CSC in
2009, we would need to check what embargo times are needed if any.
- SMc sprint O Champs we may need to wait until 2010
- Publicity and NW
- 2011- NWOA due to do BOC but asked for delay til 2012 so later
after L5Day no reply yet
- NW web R Tiley
- CDM agenda Y Games especially try to get O for Greater
Manchester and Cheshire. Also City Centre O do clubs want to get involved and how. We agreed
to concept but see how it fits our fixture list.
- NWOA will give # to kids travel to YBaker ask in advance. QH
asked if affiliated schools could apply.
- EGM pre CDM to alter constitution
- Publicity for Stanley Park did not work, due to change of date?
- S Ground flier produced and ready to go out not aimed at
- Summer series flier started for novices, will
need help putting them out later.
- Beacon Fell noticeboard big permanent one outside which has a bit
about O on it and then space on a board inside where we can update names
Later that week report from Glenys re Street O
season forwarded to all committee for information.
Next Meeting 21 May at the